At Salisbury Heights Primary School we have a continued focus on students as individuals, as learners and as members of our school community. With a continued focus on positive behaviour education programs, positive mental health for children and pro-active programs we continue to support and engage our students in and out of the program.
SHPS has moved into becoming a Trauma Informed Aware school utilising the Berry Street Program across the site. This program along with numerous strategies and refined school processes help to foster a sense of safety, belonging and acceptance for all students from Reception to Year 6.
At SHPS we utilise a number of proactive strategies that further support all of our students to make connections, achieve ‘Excellence & Care’ and be engaged in all aspects of school life.
Proactive Wellbeing Programs:
– Daily Breakfast Club
– Interoception Room
– Interoception spaces in all learning areas
– Yard Clubs for students to attend during play times
– Sports Borrowing Program
– Library program at both breaks
– Circle Times & Structured Positive Morning Routines
– Social Skills Group Intervention
– Wellbeing Room activities
– Whole school events that foster togetherness, kindness and giving back to the local community
– Student Voice and Leadership Opportunities
– Celebrations of diversity, inclusiveness and coming together
– Social responsibility Awards and yard incentives for students
– Continual links with services